The College Library is a gateway to the world of reading. It offers an extensive range of resources and services to support teaching and learning. The college library has a vast collection of texts and general books, International and National journals and all the major English and Malayalam newspapers to cater to the needs of both UG and PG students. Separate sections for General, Reference books, Journals and Periodicals, Magazines are provided along with free Net browsing facility to access the online databases and academic information. Year by year the library is expanded with standard books, journals, magazines etc taking suggestions from the staff.
- Members of the Staff and the students of the College are entitled to use the Library Members of the Staff and the students of the College are entitled to use the Library
- Strict silence, orderly conduct and decorum must be observed by all in the Library.
- Personal books/printed materials, issued books (except for the purpose of return or re-issue), are not allowed in the Library.
- The College Library will be open from 9.00 am. to 4.30 pm. daily.
- Issue and return of books is carried out at the circulation desk, and members must produce their Identify Card/Library Card for the same.
- When using the Library, members have to surrender their Identity Card to the Librarian.
- UG students are permitted to borrow only one book at a time, while PG students may borrow up to 3 books, and the Faculty 5 books at a time.
- Books must be returned within 7 days. A book may be reissued to the same student/Faculty, if there is no demand for the same for the time being.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall any book at any time, even before the expiry date stamped on the book.
- Student/Faculty member who fails to return a book within 7 days will be fined Rs. 5/- per day.
- Absence from the College is not a valid reason for delay in returning books.
- Members are expected to handle the books with great care.
- Marking, underlining, highlighting, scribbling, doodling, or dog-earing the book/s is strictly forbidden. Similarly, tearing off the relevant pages of the book is forbidden.
- If a book is found to have been damaged in the above manner/ or otherwise, it should be reported to the Librarian before getting the book issued in one’s name.
- If a book is damaged/lost, it should be replaced within 15days with a Fine. If the book is not replaced during the aforesaid period, the defaulter shall pay three times the cost of the book together with the Fine.
- Books for home reading are issued to the students on all working days.
- Reference books cannot be taken out of the Library.
- Members are not allowed to hand over the book/s issued to him/her to another.
- The Staff and students shall return the Library books on or before 15th March every year for physical stock verification and for the No Due Certificate.
- A particular title issued once cannot be reissued for a second consecutive borrowing period, unless a sufficient number of copies of the same are available in the Library.
- Periodicals and News Papers (folded properly) have to be returned the proper place after use.
All are expected to follow the above guidelines and the directions of the Librarian strictly for the benefit of all. Violators may have to forgo the Library privileges.